Friday, January 1, 2010

Wee-Hour Ecstasy

Resolutions..ever brought bliss on their first attempt.. ?
Could a morning be darker than a Gotham night ??
Trees didn't answer..
They took an early shower..
For the coal-coated dance floor was wet.

The usual gang decided not to bark this time..
Saw me after a long time, maybe it was the scent..
Nothing was awake..Just the you-are-safe whistle far away..
I had heard this silence before.

While mankind slept..
Few under cozy blankets..
Street lights did their solar act..
High beam made many turn sides on the footpath...
It got the fog into high-magnificence mode..
Some conspiracy theory.

Dense leaves shuffled..
Maybe they felt it too..
Inside..a group of monkeys I couldn't see..
something told me..
They were staring.

Newspaper boy went for extra mufflers..
His cycle thanked him.. it wasn’t a heavy Sunday..
Wet tarmac earned him an extended sleep...
Few droplets hit hard on my face..
"Welcome back".

Still wondered, were they all asleep..?
Was I the only one tasting this..?
I Invited John o' Callaghan with 'Big Sky'..
Suddenly, the wind woke up to the trance.

I knew He was there.
And I ran.

7 comments:

  1. I feel the need to be the first one to comment on your first artifact of the year 2010.
    Awesome!

    Unbelievable ..you are.
    I cannot see our lil littloo in this heavy stuff.
    When did you grow so colossal?
    Great stuff ..
    vandana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since part of this goes over my head, it must be good. Traces of Hazra!!!. Keep up the good work...Vibhu

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world remains in oblivion of the sublime you, and probably will continue to be...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made me remember the painful T.S.Eliot classes on cold foggy January mornings!
    Wish all the luck to future literature students!

    Vibha

    ReplyDelete
  5. he ran...and may he run a lot more and may the dew translate his thoughts into sublime musical poetry. you try too hard to hide this you in you, but when you do come out....you dazzle

    ReplyDelete
  6. and what a way to showcase your thoughts....!!!
    cheers mate.....
    keep the flame ablaze....

    ReplyDelete
  7. didn't know u had this hidden talent

    ReplyDelete