Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ayo, Wattsupp Revolution !!


This is a protest against all those kaam waalis(maids) and car-wash guys who think they can get away with four figure monthly salaries and still be absent on critical days when the homemakers are expecting a VVIP visit. A candle light march was organized to pay tribute to all the housewives traumatized due to this heinous and gruesome sudden absence of maids. Two women, with startling resemblance from one of my favorite Ekta Kapoor serials, Kandles Ki Kudiyaan, were at the forefront of the march to India Gate, which brought together all the housewives from different parts of Punjabi Bagh. “This is our 11/12, enough is enough, humien iski jawaabdehi chahiye.”

Just when I finished registering my solidarity for the cause, by clicking “Yes” on the wall of “Homemakers Hit Back”, a remarkable initiative on Facebook by one of the tech-savvy homemakers, a friend called late at night, apparently after lighting a candle in his room as the local electricity board was on a strike. Their new bettery-candles were not being sold at all in these marches to India Gate. Sources say their head electrician being kicked out in the final round of the qualification of Roadies 6.4 could be a clandestine reason behind their clamor. Coming back to the friend, he had a business plan. Scented candles, multi-colored candles, Facebook candles, Roadies candles. He was already on his way, compiling a ppt, showcasing the estimated figures and pie charts related to the business plan. I was taken in by the Roadies candles. The very next morning, I poked him, before fine tuning my french-beard. ”Will they really be able to perform those tasks which other candles did with an attitude? Will they be able to withstand the challenges posed by Naqvi’s lipstick powder women?” His reply was startling, “ Dude, **** *** ”.

We are looking for funding.

3 comments:

  1. My Dearest Pranav,
    I have your mobile. Wanted to call you. But did not have the heart to dial the number. Maybe I am still not strong enough to say soothing words to you. Since yesterday Evening when I heard the news just thinking of you Manasvni and Mamiji.
    I remember you as a 1 year old boy and Manasvani as a small girl in Gulmohar Park, feel protective towards you.
    And I remember Anil Mama holding me when I was 3-4 years old in Ambala and showing me a row of trees along the road and saying how nice that is.
    Yesterday night I dreamt that I am writing a letter to Mamaji and handing it over to him.. And in dream I wondered why am I writing to him when he is sitting in front to him, why don't I just talk to him.
    My baby brother, I am very sad.

    ReplyDelete